40 is FABULOUS!


So far, I am LOVING 40!  Not sure what I was so afraid of.  It has been pretty AWESOME so far!  I would have to say, of all the MANY Birthdays I have had, my 40th was the most fun!  Who doesn't love Birthday calls, cards, gifts, lunches, dinners, and 90+ Facebook messages?  I mean, come on!  It was pretty dang awesome!  :)

The celebrating started on Thursday evening with a surprise fruit arrangement from Sacha at my front door.  I talked about that in my previous post.  Amy took me to get a pedicure and then to lunch on Friday.  She surprised me by inviting Jennifer and Kristi to join us.  It was so fun!  Amy pulled a fast one on me when we headed to lunch.  She had me convinced we were going to the zoo.  I was thinking, "pleeeeease no!".  The zoo is not how I envisioned spending my 40th Birthday.  Thankfully, it was a joke, and they took me to the cutest little lunch spot, The Pecan Porch.  It was the perfect girl's day! And a bonus was the weather was beautiful! Such a nice day! 


On my actual Birthday, I woke up with too many Birthday wishes to count, phone calls from friends and family singing Happy Birthday to me!  So fun!  Bart went and got me red velvet donuts for breakfast.  Yum!  You only turn 40 once!  ;)


Alabama beat Johnny Football on my big day, so that was nice.  What a game!  It was intense!  That was a great Birthday present!


After the game, Bart and I met Todd and Amber at Red Rock Canyon for dinner.  It was so nice and very yummy!  We had a great time with them.  We missed Jen and Keith, though.  They were supposed to go and had to cancel at the last minute.


The Birthday celebrating continued on Sunday.  After Church, the boys took me to Carabbas for lunch.  It was so good!  I came home and got a nice, long Sunday afternoon nap (one of my guiltiest pleasures).  I walked with a friend after dinner.  After the boys went to bed, Bart and I had "movie night" at home.  It was a great day!  :)





I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family in my life that made me feel so special on my "BIG" day!  I am thankful for the past 40 years God has given me and I am looking forward to the next 40.  I hope I can honor God and make every day He blesses me with count for Him!  

Feeling blessed!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts