A Coincidence? I Don't Think So!

I've shared with many people how we could (and can still) see God's hand in our move to Texas.  It's just so evident that this move is what we were supposed to do.

I've also shared how scared I have been for this big change for my children.  Changing schools is big.  Changing schools in the middle of the school year is even bigger.  Changing schools as a 7th grader is huge!

I. CANNOT. IMAGINE.

When I try to go there mentally, I can't.  If I had to do that as a 7th grader, I think my Mom would've had to pry me off of her, throw me in the new school, and run.  I don't think I would've willingly gone.  I was just too shy as a 7th grader.  

So, to say I was nervous about Judd starting this new, VERY LARGE middle school, is an understatement.  I lost many night's sleep over this.  I would wake up in a state of panic.  I would picture him in a sea of judgemental pre-teens, not knowing a single soul, sitting alone at lunch all by his lonesome self.  Ugh.  I fought this anxiety for months.  I even offered to home school Judd for the remainder of the year.  He thought about it, but he decided he wanted to give the new school a try.  He wanted to try to make new friends. Whoa!  That was SO BRAVE of him!  Secretly, I wanted him to change his mind and stay home with me, where he would be safe from the big bullies and unknown world of middle school.  (Helicopter Mom to the rescue!)  But, God had other plans.  Thankfully, Judd trusted God enough to take that leap of faith and give the new school a try!  Judd is much braver than his Mom was at that age!  ;)

Okay, back to my story of "coincidence...or not"....

Since Judd is in band, I had to contact his new band director in Texas before we moved to set up a time for him to play for her.  His new school in Prosper has 4 bands.  Each student has to "try out" to determine which band you will be placed in.  When I called to set up Judd's try out, the band director told me that another 7th grader was transferring from Broken Arrow over Christmas break, as well.  He was also coming from Centennial Middle School.  And he also played in the band.  

Hold on a minute.

WHAT?!?!?!

So, you are telling me another student from THE SAME school as Judd, in the SAME BAND as Judd, is coming to THE SAME new school as Judd, and starting on the SAME DAY?  

Hmmmmmm.

THAT. WAS. NOT. A. COINCIDENCE.

I asked Judd about someone else moving to Dallas over the Christmas break and sure enough, Judd said, "Oh, yeah.  Colin Aldridge is moving to Dallas too over Christmas break".  Judd went on to tell me that Colin was in most of the same classes with him.  They weren't "buddies" but they knew each other, and he was a nice kid.

Let's stop and think about this a minute.

God allowed someone from the same school as Judd, with almost the same schedule as Judd, to make a move to Dallas, TX?  And it just so happened to be to the same new school Judd was going to be attending?  And he was moving over Christmas break too?

Do you know how big Dallas is?

Do you know the odds of his family choosing Prosper in all of the suburbs surrounding Dallas?

Those things don't "just happen".  

That was a God thing for sure!  

I can't tell you the comfort it provided this mama  knowing Judd would have a familiar face along side him as he ventured into this new world.  Even if they weren't "friends", he was familiar to Judd.  

I slept good that night!  :)

I asked Judd to get Colin's phone number before school let out for Christmas break.  I had hoped to have Judd contact Colin and perhaps meet up at the school at the same time to play for the band director.  Well, Judd forgot to get Colin's number.  I think I was sadder about that, than Judd.  Oh well.  We would just have to wait and see if he happened to run into him at this new, big school.  Sigh....

Okay, are you ready for this??

Hold on to your seat because it's good!

On the first day of school, after taking Jack to his new school, we pulled up to Judd's new school.  We had to get his schedule, locker, etc....  I was a little upset from leaving Jack at his new school, so I told Judd we would sit in the car for just a few minutes before going inside.  (I needed to get myself together a bit.)  ;)  

Would you believe, we had not been there 1 minute and guess who pulled up beside us???  

COLIN ALDRIDGE AND HIS DAD!

Can. You. Believe. That???

THAT. WAS. NOT. A. COINCIDENCE.

God had done it again!  Judd and I both smiled.  We jumped out of the car and walked in the new school with Colin and his Dad.  

God knew Judd and I both needed that!  God brought them to the school at the exact same time as us, and had them park right beside us so we could walk in together.  

WOW!

I just don't even know what to say.

Forgive me, God, for not fully trusting You.  Forgive me for being surprised when You provide exactly what we need.  Forgive me for having such little faith.  :(

GOD IS GOOD!

Can I get an AMEN? 

He is SO GOOD!  He knows EXACTLY what we need, and He provides it exactly when we need it!  He even knows what we need when we don't know what we need.

Ephesians 3:20-21

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.  

Matthew 8:26 

And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

I may have begged and pleaded with the counseler to put Judd and Colin in the same classes (helicopter mom to the rescue again!).  ;)  It turns out, Judd and Colin are only in 2 classes together, but still....2 classes!  That's so crazy when you think about it!  They aren't "buddies" but they know each other and that is HUGE in a brand new middle school.  Colin's dad and I exchanged phone numbers.  They, like us, don't know anyone here either.  Everything is new.  It's good to have a connection from "home" of sorts.  

Did I just call Tulsa home?

I guess that's a post for another day.  Who even knows where "home" is anymore?  ;)  Oooooo, that's gonna be a good post!  My wheels are already turning!

Stay tuned!  ;)




Comments

Popular Posts