First Day of School...Take 2

The boys had their first day of school yesterday....Again.  Yes, we started school in August like everyone else.  But, yesterday was a first day of school like none other.  They started new schools in a different state. That was a completely different ballgame.  

Sure, dropping off your kids for any first day of school is nerve racking.  But dropping your kids off for their first day of school in a new city and state, at a new school where they don't know anyone.....That, my friends, is HARD!  Leaving my babies (they will always be my babies) at a new, strange place was the hardest thing I have done so far as a parent.  Nothing compares.

My heart broke for them.  I was nervous all day and constantly watched the clock.  I could not wait to go pick them up!

And you know what.....they surprised me!  :)  They both had good first days!

Jack was the hardest to leave because he was the most upset.  He was so scared.  I could tell he was so close to crying.  He did everything in his power to keep those tears inside.  Bless his heart.  Thankfully, though, he had a great day!  He said everyone was nice and wanted to shake his hand.  He said he made a friend and was going to ask another kid to be his friend tomorrow.  ;)  

Judd was so brave!  I mean SO BRAVE!  He was braver than I would've been at his age.  He had to learn his way around a new (VERY BIG) school, a new locker combination, new schedule, new teachers, etc.... He did it though!  He survived his first day and didn't complain about going back today.  Whew!  I was so afraid he would hate it.  He did eat lunch alone, which makes a Mama sad.  I am hoping he will meet a buddy to eat lunch with soon.  He said everyone was really nice.  He misses his friends in Tulsa, but is hoping he meets some friends here soon.  I hope so too!  :)





Comments

Popular Posts