God Is In the Little Things Too



I'm an early bird.  I get up early every morning, usually at least an hour (or more) before everyone else in my house.  I have done this for as long as I can remember.  My internal alarm clock goes off and I am up!  

I love, love, love my quiet time in the mornings!  I love to get my coffee and my favorite blanket and read my devotional, check e-mails, etc...  It's my time.  My time with God.  My time with my thoughts.  My time with my coffee.  :)

A couple of months ago, while sitting in the quiet of the morning in Tulsa, I noticed I had a friend join me.  This friend would "hoot" in rhythm every few seconds.  It was an owl!  He would hang out on top of our chimney and I could hear him.  It was the coolest thing.  It was a soft little noise. "Hoot-Hoot-Hoot-Hoot".  I would hear him every single morning when I woke up in the darkness of the early morning.  It always made me smile.  I knew I would miss him when we moved to Texas.

The first morning we were in our apartment here in Prosper, I got up, got my coffee and blanket and sat on the couch.  And guess what I heard???  It wasn't a "hoot" but it was another noise.  A different sound I hadn't heard before.  It was almost like a "wada wada wada".  I don't know what kind of bird it was, but it made me smile.  Like the owl had done, this bird would call out every few seconds in rhythm.  

Every morning since, I have heard the bird.  Turns out, there is a nest right outside our apartment window.

I know God sent that bird for me.  I just know it.  Every time I hear it, it's like God is saying, "I'm here, Tonya.  I'm still here.  I care about you...I even care about the little things."

Thank you God for my morning bird.  I love him!




Comments

Popular Posts