I Trust You, Lord




I love this song.  I've heard it many times.  It wasn't until this week, though, that I truly listened to the words.  I read a post about it and it really made me stop and think.  I've been singing the song, but did I realize what I was singing?

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without boundaries,
Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me,
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander,
And my faith will be made stronger,
In the presence of my Savior"

Those are BIG words.  

You can't sing or pray those words without having a very strong faith. 

 "Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander".  

Do I really want God to "take me deeper than my feet could ever wander"?

Oooooo.  I don't know.  That's a scary place to be.  Those are brave words to pray.  Am I brave enough to pray a prayer like that?

I guess as long as "my trust is without boundaries", I am.

Or, am I?

Surely my trust is without boundaries.  Isn't it?

Or, is it?

Have I put boundaries around my all powerful God?

That's something to think about.

Some days, I feel like I'm walking upon deep waters where God has called me.  Some days, I feel like God has taken me deeper than my feet could ever wander.

And it's scary.

Very scary.

I trust God, though.

I trust that God will carry me through the deep waters.

I do.

Don't I?

Please, Lord, help my trust be without boundaries.

Please Lord, help me not to be afraid to go deeper.

Please Lord, help me not to be afraid of "the waters" You have called me to walk upon.

Make my faith stronger in Your presence.

I trust you, Lord.

I do.

Help me trust you, Lord.......without boundaries.


Comments

Popular Posts