R.I.P. Matt


James 4:14 "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow.  What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."



These precious boys lost their Daddy yesterday.


This fun, vivacious wife lost her husband.  

I have been in  utter shock and disbelief since hearing the news that Matt was hit by a drunk driver Thursday morning while riding his bicycle to work.  His injuries were too many to list, but it was the brain injury that ultimately took his life.  

Sad doesn't even come close to how I feel.  I am just sick and heartbroken.  I cannot imagine the pain Stacy and Matt's family must be going through right now.  And their boys...Quinton, Sawyer and Gavin....I can't even think about how hard this is, and is going to be, on them.

Matt and Stacy were the very first people we met when we moved to Tulsa.  They lived a few houses down from us.  They were the friendliest, most selfless, fun loving people I had ever met.  Ever.  They were a great team.  Matt loved his family with all he had.  My boys thought Mr. Matt was the coolest.  Stacy taught me how to be a true friend.  I learned so many things from the time we were neighbors.  She showed me how to love and include others.  She showed me how to be a "yes" Mom.  She showed me how to make my life count!  

They were pretty awesome neighbors!

Matt leaves behind a precious, precious family and many, many friends that love him dearly.  He impacted so many lives.  Too many to count.  

Thank you for living out your testimony, Matt.  Seeing how many lives you impacted in your 39 years of life has been so convicting to me.  May I live out my testimony everyday like you did yours.  

Stacy, we love you and the boys so much.  We are here for you.




Comments

Popular Posts