Texas Lately...


We've been busy unpacking boxes and trying to get this house in order.  It's going to take a while getting everything in its place.  With school just around the corner, I am trying to focus on the kids more than the house.  The house will be here waiting for me when the boys are back in school next week, and I can kick things into high gear.  

This is how Jack feels about shopping for house stuff (specifically, bath mats)!  Ha!



So, I have put that boring stuff on hold and decided to do some fun things this last week of summer!

We had some friends from Ft. Worth over Saturday.  We had a house full and it was so fun!  

Max got a haircut before our guests arrived.  :)


 The kiddos ate outside (or tried to).  The stinkin' flies are terrible here in Texas!


Our friends Sacha, Steve, Carla and Jon.


Sillies!


Sweet girls Kinsie and Macy!  It was fun having girls over.  They kept performing for us.  It reminded me of my sister and cousins. We put on our share of shows for our parents when we were kids!  Ha! Good memories!  :)


That same day, we had piano movers out to the house to move our piano upstairs.  Our winding staircase makes it tricky.  I was very nervous!  I posted this picture on facebook with the caption "heave-ho"!  Yikes!  Sadly, they didn't make it up without a little damage.  It's not terrible.  It could've been much worse!  Thankfully, my handy dandy husband can fix the blunder.  


This is our last week of summer, so we are trying to squeeze the life out of our last "free" week!  I took the boys to the Frisco Aquatic Center to swim today.  We had a great time!




Afterwards, we stopped for dipped cones at DQ!  It was their very first dipped cone!  (GASP!)  How have I never introduced them to a dipped cone before?!  Shame on me!!  I'm glad we remedied the situation!  ;)


I can't believe this is our last week before school.  The summer has flown by!


Comments

Popular Posts