Mimi, Big Daddy, and Santa Claus Come to Town!

We had a wonderful Christmas!

We picked Mimi up at the airport the Sunday before Christmas.  We were so excited to see her!  I made her pose for a picture because I thought she looked so cute in her new boots and skinny jeans!  ;)


Mimi, Jack and I made a gingerbread house.  I guess Judd is too old to decorate ginger bread houses now.  ;)  Sadly, I think Jack is too.  I think Mimi and I had more fun doing it than he did.  I think we will retire this tradition after this year since Ms. Natalie isn't here to help with it.  ;)


Our finished house...


Mimi showed me how to make fudge for the 567th time.  Maybe I got it down this time.  It was so yummy!


The next day, Mimi and I got away for a pedicure and lunch.  It was just what we needed!  :)


That afternoon, we picked up Big Daddy at the airport!


We all went to Babe's for dinner.  I think Big Daddy really enjoyed it!






The next morning, Big Daddy was up and at 'em early to walk.  Nothing keeps Big Daddy from his morning walk.  Not even freezing temps.  I thought there was a slight resemblance with him and Uncle Eddie?  What cha think?  You may have to really know him to see the resemblance.  Trust me, it's there! 


We went for a late lunch at La Hacienda Ranch and then off to the Christmas Eve service at church.




After church, we changed into our PJs and went out to look at some Christmas lights.


And then, SANTA CAME!
















Santa came to see Max too!  :)


The aftermath...


Not shown is the boys' new basketball goal, pool/ping-pong table, and Six Flags season passes.  They had a great Christmas!

We had a traditional Christmas lunch with all the trimmings.  We kept things very casual, though. 




The boys assembled all of their new toys that afternoon.


Bart's tradition of putting everything out on the bed to look at what "Santa" brought him.  ;)


I did the same!  ;)  "Santa" really spoiled me with an Ipad Air and a Michael Kor's watch I have been eyeing!  I must have been good!  ;)


My favorite shirt Bart got for Christmas.  Ha!


We had a great Christmas.  We are truly blessed.

The day after Christmas, we loaded up and headed to Ft. Worth for the day.  First stop, Hard 8 for some BBQ.


I'm pretty sure my Dad was in heaven!




Me and my Mom plus a photo bomber in the background!  ;)


Big Daddy


Mmmmmm ribs!


Love her!


After lunch, we headed to the Ft. Worth Stockyards.  We got there just in time for the cattle drive.




Sadly, the fun was over.   It was time to take Mimi and Big Daddy to the airport the next day.  We took them for one last lunch first at the Twisted Root.



We said our goodbyes (so we thought) and headed home.

A couple of hours later, we received word that my parent's flight had been canceled.  We waited around all day to see if they would be able to catch another flight.  They weren't able to get one until the next morning, so we headed back up to the airport to pick them up again.  That was after they spent 6 hours in the airport in a very long line with about 500 other people.  Poor things.  (I was selfishly glad I got them for one more night, though!)


This is the next morning.  "Take 2" dropping them off at the airport.


I was sad to say goodbye to Mom.  We had such a good time together.


They made it home this time.  

We miss them already.

What a great Christmas!  I guess you could say, "That's a wrap!".



Comments

Popular Posts