Surprises Are My Favorite!!

We had such a fun weekend!!  Just a few weeks ago, Sheila and I were talking about her driving down to see us some time soon.  With the 3 day weekend and Judd's Birthday coming up, we thought this would be the perfect weekend for her to drive down to see us and bring Hunter to surprise Judd as an early Birthday present!  EEEEEEEK!  I was SO EXCITED about this I could hardly contain it!  I almost let it slip on more than one occasion.  Ha!  Thankfully, though, Judd was completely surprised!

Sheila sent this picture after she picked up Hunter on Friday to tell me they were on the road!  Woo-hoo!



I was SO EXCITED!!!  They ended up getting here earlier than expected so they met us for dinner!  Here they are right after arriving to town.  :)




I have watched this video of Hunter surprising Judd over and over again.  It makes me smile every time!  Judd was in complete shock!  He was speechless and so confused! 


They went with us to Jack's basketball game, then we came home and crashed.  The next morning, we hung out and then took the kiddos (Paxton included) to Urban Air to burn a little energy (Hunter's choice).




Two silly friends!





That night, we took Hunter and Judd to a really cool indoor skydiving place here in Dallas.  Judd has been wanting to try it since we moved here, so we thought this would be the perfect thing for them to do for his Birthday!  :)

Here they are all suited up after their class ready to take flight!  



It was SO COOL!!!  I wish I could've done it too!  And Bart REALLY wanted to do it!  I had to remind him he was only 2 months post op neck surgery.  Ha!







Their certificates.  :)




This is the coolest video ever of Judd!  It really shows how awesome this experience was for them!



Sheila and I had some fun of our own while they were here.  We had a Cinnamon Roll making class one day.  It was quite funny.  I may or may not have forgotten to lock the mixer while it was on high speed (and very full).  Let's just say, flour and dough slinging all over my kitchen was not in the plan.  Oops!  Sheila got to see what a pro I am NOT!  Ha!  Despite the "uh oh", we still managed to make some really good cinnamon rolls.  Mmmmmm!


We went to church Sunday morning, then lunch at Mellow Mushroom.  


After lunch, Sheila and I broke away for a trip to IKEA and pedicures!  


I don't have any pictures to share, but we had some friends from Tulsa over Sunday night for dessert. They were here house hunting.  We had a house full, but it was a good time!

Lastly, we went to Spoons for lunch and then Sheila and Hunter had to get on the road to get back to Tulsa.  


We had so much fun with them!




These two have been best friends since the 1st grade.  They picked right back up where they left off after all this time!  Those are the best kinds of friends!  :)


Come back any time Sheila and Hunter!  We had a blast!!

Comments

Popular Posts