I'm Dreaming of a Quiet Christmas


Our Christmas 2015 Wrap Up...

We had a wonderful Christmas!  I just love the entire Christmas season.  The anticipation and days leading up to Christmas are my very favorite!

December started with Jack's 4th grade choir ensemble performing at the Prosper Christmas Festival in downtown.  They did great!




The boys and I went to watch Mason in his debut as "Clogsworth"in Beauty and the Beast.  He did a great job! 






My Mom came to town the week before Christmas.  We had a fun time doing Christmas things with her!  She was sweet enough to keep the boys one night so Bart and I could get away for a little R&R.  Bart surprised me with a night at The Joule in downtown Dallas.  It was beautiful! 


We took the boys and my Mom to see "The Gift of Christmas" at Prestonwood in Plano.  This was our first time seeing it and it did not disappoint.  There are no words to describe.  It was SO GOOD!






Mom got to be here for Jack's choir concert, which was pretty special.  We don't usually have family here to go with us to concerts and things.  She even got to help him tie his first tie.  :)



Our handsome 4th grader



These two... 



Double trouble...



Mom and I helped with Jack's class Christmas party at school.  It was fun having her there.





Once a teacher, always a teacher.  She jumped right in and started helping!  :)


 It was a fun day twinged with a little sadness, as Jack had to say goodbye to his wonderful teacher.  :(  She moved to California over Christmas break.  We got to meet his new teacher and she seems really nice.  She will have big shoes to fill after Mrs. Sherman, though.  


Mom and I had a baking day where we made fudge, cookies, etc...  It was fun being with her in the kitchen!


This one loved licking the bowl after she made the fudge!


We also did a lot of this as I was a bit under the weather while Mom was here...


We might have played "beauty shop" too!  Doesn't Mom's hair look cute?!  ;)


Jack and Nathan painted some teacakes, a family tradition.  Sadly, I think Judd has outgrown the teacake painting days.  He didn't have an interest this year.  :(



We drove to Deerfield to see the Christmas lights we had heard so much about.  They were beautiful!



Jack wanted to make some Monkey Bread one morning, so we did.  I love cooking with my kids in the kitchen.


We decorated a gingerbread house.  


And made cookies for Santa.




Speaking of Santa... We didn't have to worry about him burning himself coming down the chimney, because there was no fire in the fireplace.  I'm afraid we had the A/C on instead.  Crazy weather!






Santa was here!




This was the boys' (all 3) BIG gift this year!






To say they are in heaven would be an understatement.  


I fixed a nice breakfast and lunch on Christmas day.  It was just the 4 of us, so it was a very quiet Christmas.  But it was a good one!


The day after Christmas, we celebrated this guy by going to dinner at Bob's...



We are so proud of him!  He was given a very nice raise for all of his hard work with his company.  He really is one of the hardest working people I know.  He goes above and beyond to take care of his family.  God has blessed us so very much.  We are humbled and grateful for His many blessings.  




We met the Bradley's for some ice skating at the hockey rink a few days after Christmas.  It was a fun time!







We are really enjoying our low key winter break.  You know it's a good break when you can't remember what day it is.  ;)  I am thankful for this time with the people I love the most!



Merry Christmas!


Christmas 2015

Comments

Popular Posts