A Hill Country Getaway


We took a little trip to San Antonio for Labor Day weekend.

When I realized we would be be driving right through Waco, I knew I had to make a pit stop!  I was really hoping to see Chip and Joanna, but sadly, I didn't.  I did get a quick peak at their store though.  It was so cool, but SO CROWDED!  I will be back!










We knew once we got to the JW Hill Country Resort, we would probably not leave.  So, we stopped off in downtown San Antonio for a little sight seeing.  And boy was it hot!  Holy Moly!


The Alamo


We arrived at our resort and had to check things out!  This is the view from our hotel room...




 It was beautiful at sunset!




 We did a lot of lounging by the pool, sipping fruity drinks and eating guacamole.  The boys loved the lazy river (so did Bart and I), the slides, the big pool, etc...  It was so nice just to sit and relax and have fun!






Proof that they do love each other...



Since my pictures really don't do the JW justice, I stole a couple from the internet...









It was beautiful!

We got up early on Monday and headed for our drive home through Hill Country.  We stopped off in Fredericksburg for a little shopping and lunch.  It was a darling little German town!!


While I did a little boutique shopping, the boys found a couple of gun and knife stores and even a museum to keep them busy!




Well, that wraps up our little getaway.  I love making these kinds of memories with my family!  So fun and thankful for time away together!

Comments

Popular Posts