Giving Thanks 2016

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!  Such good family time!  We really could not have asked for a better week with family!  (The only thing missing was Reid's family!)

We split our trip up this year and drove 1/2 way Friday night.  We stayed in Monroe, LA.  Doing the trip this way made it so much better!  The best part about it, was we got to see some of our very favorite people the next day as we drove through Clinton, MS!  

I can't tell you how much I love my Uncle Bill and Aunt Donna!  We all adore them so very much!  They are simply THE BEST!



Being at my Aunt Donna's house feels so much like being at my Granny's house.  Everywhere you turn, you see reminders of her.  I think that's another reason I love being at her house so much.  I can almost feel Granny's presence.  :)  Since she has so many of Granny's treasures, she's always so good about telling us girls we can have anything we want (one day).  ;)  She even goes so far as to give us a sharpie to write our names on the back of things!  Ha! Ha!  Bart thinks this is so weird and rude.  But Aunt Donna insists!  My sister and I make a little game of it...trying to steal what the other one might want!  Ha Ha!  So, here I am claiming a few things.  Aunt Donna snapped a couple of pics to send to Kristie just to make her jealous!  Ha!  I think it worked!  ;)


Oh yeah!  This one's mine!




LOVE this lady more than words!


If you aren't lucky enough to have an Aunt Donna in your life, I am so sorry!  You are missing out!



We arrived in Mobile in time to go to Big Time Dinner for dinner (always a favorite!).  

Another favorite of ours...These two...


LOVE LOVE LOVE!


Oh how we've missed Mee Maw and Pee Paw!!

When we arrived in Mobile, we hit the ground running!  The next day, we met up with my family and drove over to Biloxi, MS to the new Margaritaville resort for some fun! 

But first...Donuts with Big Daddy (of course)!





The weather was AMAZING that day!  We had to pull over and take a picture with some cotton fields.  I think this was the first time my boys have seen cotton fields up close.  They are so pretty!  Brings back memories of my childhood in Greenville, MS!







On to the fun!


An indoor mini roller coaster?  Why not?!


These 3 love their Mimi!









It was a little chilly, but we enjoyed lunch outside.  How could you not sit outside with a view like this?!





My sis! 



What it's really like posing for a picture with her!



No selfie stick needed when your sister is 6'1!





My best friends!





A little rock climbing after lunch!




Now let's go spend all our winnings on as much junk as we can!  Even the 15 year old can't resist a good cheap plastic table hockey game that's sure to tear up the first time you play it!  ;)

Side note...The did put some of their winnings in the donation barrel to share with less fortunate kids!


The next day, I went with Mee Maw and Tina to Mee Maw's doctor's appointment.  I am glad I got to go with her and meet her medical team.  They are great!  They take such good care of her!  And by the way...Mee Maw is doing so good!  We are very thankful for that!


Bart and Tina!




Love these two!



We enjoyed some Italian with Mee Maw and Pee Paw that night!


Then, it was back to Mom and Dad's house.  Can you tell??


The next day, we went on the new Gulf Coast Ducks tour in Mobile.  It was so fun and very informative!


Quack Quack!






We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family that night.  We all pitched in with the food.  I always love being in the kitchen with my Mom and sister.  Everything was SO GOOD!  I didn't get any pictures of the food, but I did get a couple of us playing "Reversed Charades" after dinner.  So much fun!  So many laughs!




The next day was Thanksgiving.  We spent the day with Bart's family!

Some of "our girls"!  Aren't they cute?


Our feast was fit for a king!





1/2 the bunch!


The rest of us!


The next morning, I woke up at my parent's house.  Since the temps were in the 60's, we turned the gas logs on!  ;) 


Moose and Kristie before we left to do a little Black Friday shopping...  (By the way, Moose is not even a year old yet.  He is a beast!  Huge!!)


And sweet, old Doc!


Here we go!  



We met up with Dad for lunch at Big Time Diner!  Yum!



Missing this girl already!


Did I mention we went Black Friday shopping??!!  




Ha! Ha!  We actually rented the Uhaul because we brought home our new dining room table that our nephew, Trevor, made for us!!  

I am IN LOVE!!


Trevor is so talented!!  He restores old wood from homes and barns that are condemned.  Our table was made from a beautiful 1830's home on the bluff in Daphne, AL.  I LOVE that we know the history of the wood!  I plan to have the picture of the house blown up and framed and hung in our dining room.  I know we will treasure this table forever and ever!





The drive home was loooooong, but we made it!  The best part of getting home.....Picking up this boy!!!  His family missed him!  (I think the feeling was mutual!)



Happy Thanksgiving 2016!

Comments

Popular Posts