Mee Maw

Our precious Mee Maw is whole again! She met Jesus face to face last Tuesday, September 5th at 5:45 PM. She was surrounded by her girls, Pee Paw, her preacher and her favorite doctor.  It was a sweet, but sad moment as she breathed her last breath here on earth and stepped into eternity. Oh, how thankful I am she isn't suffering anymore, but oh how I selfishly miss her already. She loved me like one of her own since the day Bart and I were engaged 24 years ago. She was truly my second mom. She taught me so much and loved me so well.  How lucky was I to get to call her "mine" for those 24 years! (I secretly loved that I was her only daughter-in-law.  It made me fee special.  SHE made me feel special.)  My heart aches knowing she isn't here with us anymore, but I rejoice knowing I'll get to see her again one day!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of her...




















This was what I posted on facebook.  It sums up how I was feeling after the funeral, and still feel today....
I never realized you could have a broken heart and a full heart at the same time. It turns out you can. As we leave Mobile this morning and I reflect back on this last week, my heart is broken. Broken because I lost my precious mother-in-law. Oh, how I miss her so much already. And even though I know she is in a much better place where she's healthy and whole again, things will never be the same without her here. She was so special to me. She was my second mom. It will be odd not being able to text her pictures of the boys or call her and hear her voice.
But while my heart is broken into a million pieces knowing she is gone, my heart is also full. Full knowing she isn't suffering anymore. Full after being with family and friends these past few days. Full after seeing how many people love my-in laws and came to show their love and support. (When your yard man, your painter, your hair dresser, and your nurses come to honor you, you know you are pretty special!) So many friends and loved ones from near and far gathered around Bart's family. For that reason, my heart is full.
But then my heart is broken again. Broken because seeing Bart's dad wave us goodbye all alone this morning was pretty sad. Knowing Pee Paw lost his love and will be all alone in the house they shared for so many years, brings on the tears. Please pray for him in the days to come. Bart's sisters will all look after him, but I'm sure when they are not around, that big house is going to feel too big and too quiet. Please pray for him!
Thank you to all of our friends and family near and far that sent condolences and prayed for us. We appreciate you so very much! Bart's dad was blown away by all of the sweet messages. It meant so much to him and all of us! We love you!"

We love you , Mee Maw!  And we will see you again one day!

P.S.  We will all look after Pee Paw for you and see that he takes his vitamins and takes care of himself!  ðŸ˜‰

Comments

Popular Posts