That Darn Jacket



This jacket....

We went round and round over this darn jacket. Round and round, I tell ya!  

A friend of ours was going through some clothes a few days before Sonia left and Sonia and I were helping her sort through things. Sonia went BANANAS when she saw this jacket! I mean BANANAS!  It was love at first sight, I tell you!! My friend told her she could have it. I kindly declined because I knew she did not have room for it in her suitcase. We were at max capacity. No way could she fit one more thing in there! In true Sonia fashion, she begged and pleaded and begged some more. She LOVED that jacket.

Fast forward a few days later....

The morning we left for the airport, Sonia’s suitcase was right at 50 pounds on the money. There was
no more room in the inn. It was full! That’s when Sonia realized she forgot to put this beloved jacket and a couple of other small things in her suitcase. (Sigh...)  I told her, sorry, but they won’t fit. You’ll have to leave them. Well...she was not having that. That jacket was going home with her one way or another.  So, she shoved it in her very full suitcase and made it fit.  I warned her it may not get to stay in there because I was sure we were now over 50 pounds.

At the airport...

I was sweating when it was our turn to weigh her suitcase. Would the lady be nice and let it go, or would we have to dig through her suitcase removing things right there in the airport? (So much stress!)  Well, the lady was not so nice. She informed us that she was two pounds over and we either had to pay the overage fee or remove something. 


I thought, “How much could two pounds cost? It can’t be THAT bad. So i told her we would just pay the fee”. 

That’s when the lady said, “Ok, that will be $200.”. 

😳😱 $200???? 😳😳😳😳 Are you kidding me????

That’s when I said, “Take that jacket out right now! We are not paying that!”. 

Good grief!

Sonia was then given the choice to either wear the jacket on the plane, or leave it with me to mail at a later date. So, she put it on and wore it on the plane. No brainer. She was NOT leaving the jacket. LOL!

I chuckled when I saw this picture she posted on Instagram this morning. This girl and that jacket. 🤣


We argued over her choice in clothes all summer long. All summer! How fitting was it that we even argued over clothes as we said goodbye in the airport?😜

Ahhhh.....Sonia, Sonia, Sonia! She wore me out at times, but we sure do miss her! 😉


By the way, I think she should’ve captioned this photo “I won”. 

Ps. She does look cute in her jacket, though.  Thanks Tasha!  😉

Comments

Popular Posts