Graduation

When Judd  started first grade, 2019 seemed like a loooong time away.  Well, somehow we blinked and we got here overnight.  It's so true what they say about the long days and short years.  Goodness! Hold those babies tight, Mamas, because they are going to grow up fast! 

While it is very emotional for me when I think about Judd growing up, I am also VERY PROUD of the young man he is becoming!  He is kind, he is smart, he is rational, he is caring, he is sensitive, he is helpful, he is handy, he is trustworthy, he is dependable, he is a friend to all, he is a thinker, he stands up for what is true and right, he is loyal.  He is all we could hope for in a son!

Judd's Graduation was at The Star.  So cool!






He did it!




















We had a Graduation party for Judd after the ceremony.  So many sweet friends stopped by!  It was a great day!






































This is Mr. Logan. Mr.Logan was one of Judd’s favorite teachers. Judd had the privilege of having him as a teacher for Video Production all 4 years. Mr. Logan is very talented and so good with the kids. They all love him! He was kind enough to stop by Judd‘s party. He shared some stories with us we hadn’t heard before. He asked me if I knew why he gave Judd “student of the year” his freshman year? I told him I had NO IDEA Judd was the student of the year his freshman year. 😏😱 #boys 🙄 He told me it was because of an incident that happened in class at the beginning of the year before he knew who Judd was. He had gotten on to a kid for talking and told him he was going to get detention. After class, Judd came up to him (head hanging) and told him that he was actually the one talking, not the other kid, so he should be the one to be punished. (Insert all the “proud mom” feels!! ☺️💗😭) Mr. Logan said he knew from that moment that Judd was special! ☺️ So, when I read Mr.Logan‘s message this morning and he used the word “integrity” when describing my kid, I lost it.
At the end of the day, we are proud of all of the academic accomplishments, achievements and accolades that come in life. But when it comes down to it, the most important things to us are that our boys are honest, have integrity, have a heart for others, have a good work ethic, and love Jesus. If they have/do these things, then we are happy! Thank you to Mr. Logan and all of the others who have helped build Judd’s character and helped him become the young man he is today. We are eternally grateful. 💗



























Judd went to Project Graduation that night and had a great time!












The next day, we celebrated with Mimi and Big Daddy for a nice lunch out.


I wanted to post this awesome quilt a sweet neighbor made for Judd with some of his t-shirts!  I think she did a great job!  It really tells a story!


Judd, you will always be my baby no matter your age...


But I supposed I have to let go and let you fly!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for you in the days and years to come!  I know He has BIG plans for you!  I'm just going to sit here and watch (and pray for you) and cheer you on!  Thank you for being a great son!  I love you so much!


"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." — Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh




















That's a wrap!
Judd Roberts Class of 2019

Comments

Popular Posts