In Memory of Uncle Aidren



So, Bart fixed pancakes for us this morning! He makes really good pancakes! However, the first one never turns out right. We usually end up tossing that one out or giving it to the dog. Well, After eating my yummy blueberry banana pancake, I decided I wanted just one more small one. Since all of the big ones were on top, I went to the bottom of the stack and found that lowly little thin, messed up pancake that would probably not get eaten. I felt a little sorry for it and thought it would be just the right size for me, so I decided to eat it. As I was about to take my first bite, Bart committed that it looked like a piece of old person's skin! YUCK!!! But, come to think of it, he was right! It actually had a very strong resemblance to what I remember my Great Uncle Aidren's arms looking like when he was alive! Disgusting! He worked many hard, long days out in the sun. He could have benefited from some sun screen, but they weren't very good at that sort of thing back in his day! Needless to say, I was not hungry anymore! Maybe that was God saying I didn't need to eat anymore pancakes this morning! Ha!

The funny thing is, we think of Uncle Aidren quite a bit. I think we talk about him more now that he is gone, than when he was alive. He was a quiet, reserved man. (Quite the opposite of his bubbly, energetic wife, our Aunt Ruby). He had a horrible smoker's cough that was out of control. So, every time we hear a raspy sounding cough, we are always reminded of our dear Uncle Aidren. And now, every time we eat pancakes, I think Uncle Aidren will be with us in spirit!

So, Uncle Aidren, this post is dedicated to you! May you rest in peace! :)

Comments

Popular Posts