Middle School....Say What?


I don't know how it happened.

I am still in denial.

It seemed to happen over night.

I must have blinked.

My 1st born is starting middle school in 2 days.

Wasn't it just yesterday that we were going to the library for story time and to music class for "mom and me" groups and to play on the play ground at McDonalds?  This can't really be happening.

Oh, but it is.

Noooooooooooooo!

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

I want to keep my boys little and safe at home with me forever.  I don't want to send them out in to that scary world.  Middle school seems to be the first step into that dark, scary place out there.  After middle school, comes high school.  Then, after high school, comes college.  Then, who knows what?!

Do you hear that?

That is my heart racing.

It may just beat right out of my chest.

Let me take a few deep breaths and dry my sweaty palms and then I will finish this post.



Okay, I am better.  ;)

Let me try this again....

Judd starts middle school in 2 days!  

We are super nervous EXCITED!!

He will have his own locker and will change classes.  He has 7 classes each day.  It will take some getting used to, but he is excited for the new adventure!  He is also very excited that his best buddy, Hunter, is in all but 1 of his classes!  Woo-hoo!

I know he will not allow me to set foot inside the school on Thursday, so I decided to take a few pictures when we went up to the school yesterday.  Sadly, they didn't turn out very well.  Must have been my shaky hands the lighting.  I did manage to get one of him practicing opening his locker, though.  I may have had him open it 2 or 3 or 10 times (for my benefit)!  ;)  He's got it down!


Doesn't he look so big in this picture?

And the little pair of eyes you see in the background....Well, that's my 1st grader!  Not sure how that happened, either.  I'll save that sappy post for another day.   ;)

So, here's to middle school!  Let the anxiety FUN begin!



Comments

Popular Posts